Saturday, February 16, 2019

Plein Air Painting & Bees

The last couple weeks have blown by. I took a little bit of a breather from art-making in the first week of February because I'd been burning the candle at both ends and just needed some rest. Then I got a cold (or flu?) and I was down for the count. I started to feel kind of like myself late this afternoon. The brain fog finally dissipated, though the fatigue remains. So now that I'm beginning to feel human again, it's time for an update. 

Over the Potomac, 7"x5", acrylic on panel

This is what I worked on last weekend. I spent about 3 hours working on this from the comfort of my warm car.


Bee 2 (Series 2), 8"x8", watercolor, ink, paper, and variegated gold leaf on cradled panel

I wrapped up the second bee in my second series. The photograph doesn't do the variegated gold leaf justice. 

Untitled (in progress), 7"x9", ink & watercolor

And I managed to add some color to this little guy, who's been sitting unfinished on my shelf for a few weeks. I'll be adding paper and metal leaf. I already have a frame picked out for him.

I also have some new videos to work on editing and will hopefully get those up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cicada in Gold

Cicada , 7"x5", ink, watercolor, and composite gold leaf on panel. I worked on this little guy last weekend. I started with a...