Monday, March 4, 2019

A Regal Lab & Lots of Prep

I drew this yellow lab a while back but it needed something. Turns out what it needed was lots of color and some gold leaf. I used cadmium red for the shirt, and three different papers for the sleeves and background. It doesn't show well in this picture, but there's a gold bone pendant as well. 


This guy will be coming with me to the Fredericksburg Spring Arts and Crafts Faire in just a few weeks. Along with all of these...


My studio is starting to get overwhelmed with finished art. And to think, I was worried about whether I could build enough inventory for this fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cicada in Gold

Cicada , 7"x5", ink, watercolor, and composite gold leaf on panel. I worked on this little guy last weekend. I started with a...