Friday, November 9, 2018

Projects and Plans

Something about the fall makes me want to paint landscapes. On my commutes, I make mental notes about the colors and transitions in the sky, then I come home and paint--usually zombie landscapes, because I can't let it become too bucolic. 

Zombies at Dusk, 4"x6", ink and watercolor

Lately I've also been upgrading my studio, investing in tools and equipment that I've been putting off buying. I got myself a new paper cutter and trimmed a bunch of bristol board down to 4x6 and 5x7  for these landscapes, and it is so much easier than trimming with an exacto knife or scissors. That sounds obvious, but really, it's a small but significant quality of life improvement. 

The flipside to investing in new stuff is that I'm moving in two weeks, so I have to decide whether I want it now, or whether to wait until I've moved--instead of adding yet more things that I'll have to carry up several flights of stairs. But I'm incredibly excited to move and set up my new studio--I can't wait to share!

In the meantime, I'm working on some zombie landscapes and starting some new ornaments, and getting back into the habit of carrying a sketchbook with me as much as possible. Soon I'll have to start packing up my art supplies, but I'm putting that off as much as possible. More to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Cicada in Gold

Cicada , 7"x5", ink, watercolor, and composite gold leaf on panel. I worked on this little guy last weekend. I started with a...