Friday, December 28, 2018

Midweek Stream and a New Portrait Commission

This Week's Stream

I'm still working out some kinks with my live stream setup, and one of those kinks is audio. This time, I used a royalty-free in-browser radio station. What sounded quiet to me was so loud that it drowned out my voice. The radio station bot also completely spammed my chat. So I won't be using that service again. On the bright side, though, my video recording did not get muted. 

So for your viewing pleasure, here's 1 hour and 15 minutes or so of me painting a new zombie ornament (acrylic on glass): Wednesday night's stream



For this ornament, I'm working from a reference photo I took of a sunrise outside my home a few weeks ago. I'm working on a glass ornament that I already prepped with gesso and sanded down. I'm also using blending medium for the first time on an ornament, and it makes it so much easier to paint. 

The challenge with these is translating a 2D image onto a 3D object. I'll probably make the land more lavender/purple. I'm going to add some buildings and zombies, of course.


New Portrait Commission

In addition to my current watercolor (I might not finish it by January!) and the new ornament, I'm also working on a new portrait commission in graphite, below. This is just the first layer with HB pencil. 



Mailing List

Last but not least, I'm starting up a new mailing list for followers and clients. Sign up here to receive monthly updates, first looks at completed artwork, discounts, and an annual greeting card or post card. The first email will be in January and will include a 10% discount code. 











No comments:

Post a Comment

Cicada in Gold

Cicada , 7"x5", ink, watercolor, and composite gold leaf on panel. I worked on this little guy last weekend. I started with a...